Traffic Control and Alerts
Air, Water and Noise Pollution
In a society where often times, the coolest of inventions, is the creation of a “buzzword”, the Internet of Things (IoT) takes the cake, and rightfully so. The market has moved towards an IP-based infrastructure, changing traditional applications like voice or video from analog to digital, but in this next phase of evolution, we must consider the advantage of inter-communication between these devices.
At SmartWave, we understand and appreciate the requirements, and the challenges, of creating infrastructures to support this evolving market. We coach our clients to leverage a common platform, in an effort to ease the adoption and addition of competitive technologies and applications as they are introduced to the market.
At SmartWave, we have had the fortunate experience to be a part of some of the most exciting technology innovations and market firsts. Engage with us to help you make these decisions and lay a foundation for your success.
- A Basic Understanding
- Internet of Things: A network of internet-connected objects able to collect and exchange data between a person, place or thing
- Internet of Things device: Any stand-alone internet-connected device that can be monitored and/or controlled from a remote location, preferably IPv6 enabled, and on a standardized platform
- Key Ingredients to Consider
- End Point Device: The hardware that makes an IoT device, including sensors and networking gear
- Network Infrastructure: Responsible for transmitting the data collected by the physical layer to different devices
- Application Layer: This includes the protocols and interfaces that devices use to identify and communicate with each other
- Management and Analytics: Software systems that analyzes the data generated by IoT devices. The analysis can be used for a variety of scenarios, such as predictive maintenance, social and economic statistics, providing insight into communities, allowing stakeholders to invest wisely in improvement
How we can help:
- IoT Network Planning – Assessments, Equipment Evaluation, Strategic Planning
- IoT Network Design – Network Infrastructure Modification, Wireless Network Design Solutions
- IoT Network Installation – Equipment Configuration, Installation, Testing and Commissioning
- IoT Network Management – Optimization, Monitoring, Network Management, and Training